Wednesday 7 April 2010

L'Oreal Color Riche Boosting Serum Lipstick - Freshly Candy Review + Swatches

After seeing the adverts on TV, this lipstick really intrigued me. L'oreal states that the lipsticks are filled in the centre with a boosting serum which helps plump, moisturize and define the lips.

Above: I have applied a full even amount, it glides on evenly and does feel very moisturising. The scent is slightly strange and quite over powering - very similar to baby powder scent.
This colour is 'Freshly Candy' and for me it's a little too pink but it is very pretty.
As for the plumping, i can't feel any tingling but i do think the moisturising effect has made my lips appear fuller and glossier.
Above: I have applied a very sheer layer and i really like the outcome - it's a very subtle glossy pink. I would wear this on a daily bases.

I would give this lipstick a thumbs up but the colour range to me isn't great - i want to see some light pinks/nudes. If you like vibrant or dark colours then i would highly recommend trying these out. The moisturising effect is wonderful!

RRP: £8.99 from http://www.boots.com/

Photobucket


17 comments:

  1. aww theres no nudes in the range (sad face) It looks really nourishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i love your lips! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a pretty pink colour. Your lips look very smooth and glossy with this lipstick! Might check them out, thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on this one...the range of colours is pretty dismal! I always seem to be disappointed with lip plumping products generally...they never ever seem to do what they say they do! The only onhe i've actually found that works is the 'Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks moisturizing and i love the color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colour, I hadnt seen these before, they sound good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty I never seen this lipstick before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such beautiful full lips! Thanks for another great review! What would you say is your favorite lip plumper?

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks lovely on you and it does look like it's moisturising as there's no hint of that horrible dryness/flaking one can get with lipsticks!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to try MAC Creme D'Nude in their creme sheen range. All their lustres and creme sheens are so moisturising. The creme d'nude doesn't look a brilliant colour, but you when you try it, it's a gorgeous golden nude.

    www.dressingmissdolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you didn't love it as L'Oreal is a huge advocator of animal testing and abuse. As are these companies.

    http://www.thevegetariansite.com/ethics_test.htm

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Looks Stunning! -It does appear to have plumped your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Imogen!
    Im from Brazil and really love your site and tips of make up and fashion!
    Im a fashion journalist and designer here, and I love to disover great stuff at internet.
    You are pretty and completly Fashionist!
    I love it!!
    Kisses from Brazil!
    -Raphaella Avena
    http://www.raphaellaavena.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe I was not following your blog yet!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Imogen for this recommendation! I was in boots and saw that if you spend over £5 you get £2 off loreal - I already had a basket full so I paid for that and then used my voucher and got the lippy for just £6.99! I got the same colour as you as none of the others really appealled to me. I really like it though - a great pink! And very moisturising, a million miles away from my drying Barry M lipstick!

    ReplyDelete